My husband, Bill, and I purchased 10 acres six years ago and sold our previous home. We finished building our new “old” Farmhouse in 2021. It took us six years to finish it, just taking our time.
We raise mini-angus for ourselves and hope to offer them to locals in our community in the future. I built our chicken coop over the summer and I’m so excited to have girls again!
We have two adult (I can’t believe I’m saying that LOL) kids and a daughter-in-law plus a black lab, Australian cattle dog and a German shorthaired pointer. I believe in Jesus Christ and strive to live according to the way God wants us to by living a peaceful simple life. I love cooking from scratch with my iron skillets and making homemade bread with my flour I grind. I’ve started and killed a couple of sourdough starters but I’m always willing to keep on trying. I love playing in the garden and from time to time, you’ll find me in my pasture scooping up manure!
I also have a thing for old barns & churches, vintage mason jars, colonial & primitive things and vintage quilts. I believe anyone can be a homesteader. It doesn’t matter how much property you have. I’m an old soul and love getting back to my roots. Start out slow until you find what you are passionate about. I’ve been at this simple lifestyle for sometime now. I just though I was doing what I was supposed to be doing.
A few fun facts about me:
- I have natural curly and very thick hair
- I love the colors green and blue
- I’m originally from West Virginia and would take the mountains over the beach any day.
- I took a Blacksmithing class and made a really cool iron hook.
- I love to sing and dance, whether I’m good at it, is a whole other subject ha.
- I lived in Alaska for three years when I was a kid. (Army brat here)
- Cooking and baking from scratch is something I really enjoy.
- I secretly want to be Amish.
- I am a Proud American & love history.
- I wish I lived back in the Little House on the Prairie days.
All my photos are © Little House Simple Living and Wendy Walker.
Where you can find me!
I have been documenting our New “Old Farmhouse build from day one. You can find Reels, IGTV and posts all bout it. I also have Highlights saved for particulars such as tutorials and products we used. Now that we are moved in, come follow along as I share our simple home decor and lifestyle.