My husband, Bill, and I purchased 10 acres six years ago and sold our previous home. We have been building our new “old” Farmhouse for five years now, just taking our time, and hope to be finished by the end of the year.
We have six mini-angus cows that we plan to raise for ourselves and take orders in the future. Our cows are grass fed on herbicide-free pasture and not given any hormones or antibiotics. We supplement with a non-gmo feed. Just a lot of love! We also plan to add chickens in the near future!
We have two adult ( I can’t believe I’m saying that LOL) kids and a daughter-in-law plus a black lab, Australian cattledog and a German short hair pointer. I believe in Jesus Christ and strive to live according to the way God wants us to by living a simple life. I love cooking from scratch with my iron skillets and making homemade pie dough. I’ve started and killed a couple of sourdough starters but I’m always willing to keep on trying. I love playing in the garden and from time to time, you’ll find me in my pasture scooping up manure!
I also have a thing for old barns, vintage mason jars, colonial & primitive things and vintage quilts. I believe anyone can be a homesteader. It doesn’t matter how much property you have. Start small and see what a bountiful harvest you will receive!
A few fun facts about me:
- I have natural curly and very thick hair
- I love the colors green and blue
- I’m originally from West Virginia and would take the mountains over the beach any day.
- I took a Blacksmithing class and made a really cool iron hook.
- I love to sing and dance, whether I’m good at it, is a whole other subject ha.
- I lived in Alaska for three years when I was a kid. (Army brat here)
- Cooking and baking from scratch is something I really enjoy.
- I secretly want to be Amish.
- I am a Proud American & love history.
- I wish I lived back in the Little House on the Prairie days.
All my photos are © Little House Simple Living and Wendy Walker Photography.
Where you can find me!
I have been documenting our New “Old Farmhouse build from day one. You can find Reels, IGTV and posts all bout it. I also have Highlights saved for particulars such as tutorials and products we used. Now that we are moved in, come follow along as I share our simple home decor and lifestyle.