If you know me personally, then you know I’m a chocolate girl but..this Carrot Cake recipe is so amazing. I’m not just saying that. It’s really super moist, not that sweet and the frosting is, oh my!
How To Make Carrot Cake
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, oil, applesauce, sugar and vanilla. Beat together with your mixer.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt. Mix together on a low setting.
- Stir in the pineapple and carrots.
- Pour into cake or cupcake pans and bake in the oven.
- Once the carrot cake has cooled, it’s now time to frost it.
- Combine the cream cheese, vanilla, confectioners sugar & heavy cream. Beat with your whisk attachment on a low setting until nice and creamy.
- Frost the carrot cake and sprinkle with the nuts.
Tips for Moistness
This carrot cake recipe is so moist because of a few ingredients.
You can ‘t taste any of these things, but the pineapple and applesauce really make this recipe so moist. My applesauce is homemade that I can every Fall. It doesn’t have any sugar in it. Even the coconut oil contributes to the moistness. Those picky eaters in your family will not recognize these secret ingredients haha.
Pin For Later
Super Moist Carrot Cake
- 4 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Applesauce (I used my homemade I canned)
- 3/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 3 tsp Vanilla Extract (use the real stuff)
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Real Salt
- 8 oz Crushed Pineapple
- 3 cups Grated Carrots
- 1 stick Real Butter (softened)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
- 3 cups Confectioner's Sugar (I use organic)
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream (I use organic or fresh cream)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts or Pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, oil, applesauce, sugar and vanilla and beat on low until combined, using the paddle attachment.
- Add the dry ingredients, mix on low until nice and creamy.
- With a spoon, stir in the carrots and the pineapple.
- Pour into your pans and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, heavy cream, sugar and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Frost cooled cake and garnish with nuts, if desired.
- If using a stand-up mixer, place the paddle attachment on for the cake and the whisk attachment for the frosting.
- This recipe makes (2) 8 inch round cake pans or 18 cupcakes.
- You CANNOT taste the pineapple, applesauce, coconut oil and sugar.
- Freshly milled flour can be used. Due to it’s higher moisture content, you will need to add an additional 1/4 cup of soft white wheat flour.
- You could also just add 1 cup of all-purpose flour and cup of soft white wheat flour.
- You are welcome to either omit the nuts or add them to your cake batter. I would go with 1 cup if you want to do that. The cake will taste great either way.
- I bake from scratch and use mostly organic ingredients but feel free to use whatever you have.
Join Our Simple Living Community
Tools You May Need
Real Salt – Enter Code: lhsimpleliving for 15% off your order
I hope you enjoy this recipe. It’s pretty much perfect anytime of the year. Make a cake for a party or take a tray of cupcakes to a cook out. As always, if you make this recipe, tag me on Instagram (@lhsimpleliving). I love seeing what ya’ll make.
Leave a Reply