One thing I really love this time of year is my kitchen to smell all nice and like Christmas. This recipe for my Christmas Simmer Pot will definitely get you in the mood while you are watching Christmas movies or doing some holiday baking.
How To Make a Christmas Simmer Pot
This is such an easy recipe to make. I love giving it as a hostess gift as well. When you arrive at someone’s house for a party, they can actually use it that day, if they want to. So fun and everyone will enjoy the smell of the season.
- Slice your orange into 1/4 inch slices.
- Add all of your ingredients into a saucepan and place it on the stove.
- Turn heat to low/simmer. After about 15-20 minutes, you should start smelling all of the yummy flavors.
- Check on the water every few hours. If it starts to evaporate, just add more water.
Join Our Simple Living Community
Ingredients for Christmas Simmer Pot
The ingredient list is pretty easy and you probably already have everything if you do a lot of baking this time of year.
- Fresh Cranberries
- Whole Cloves
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Fresh Rosemary Sprigs
- Star Anise
- Fresh Pine or Fraiser Fur Tree clippings
Makes a Great Gift
Christmas Simmer Pot makes a great gift for friends, family or a hostess. I love packaging all the fresh ingredients either into a tulip shaped jar or in a decorative box. You can create a little gift tag using custom stamps and write the directions on the back.
You can also add Star Anise or use fresh clippings from your Christmas Tree. It would smell really nice with a Blue Spruce or Frasier Fur.
Supplies You May Need
Pin For Later
Christmas Simmer Pot
- 1 Orange
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 tbsp Whole Cloves
- 3-4 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Cup Fresh Cranberries
- Slice the orange into 1/4” inch thickness.
- Place all ingredients into a saucepan.
- Turn heat onto the low/simmer setting.
- After 15-20 minutes, you should start to smell the flavors.
- Check on your simmer pot every 1-2 hours to make sure the water hasn’t evaporated. If it has, just add some more water.
- This can be made in a small crockpot as well. Just put it on the low setting and let it sit all day. You can keep adding water and any of the other ingredients, if needed.