Anytime there is a gathering of some kind, I’ve been summonsed, I mean asked (haha) to bring my Hot Bacon Dip. I usually make a big pan of it and I kid you not, it will disappear in a matter of minutes. I’m so excited to share the recipe with you! It’s perfect for game days, holidays or pretty much anytime.
How To Make Hot Bacon Dip
This is the easiest, most delicious and addicting appetizer you will ever want to make. It has only four simple ingredients. I love it served with crackers or it even goes great dipped with a slice of my French Baguette Bread.
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Cook the bacon. I like to bake my bacon in the oven.
- Take the cream cheese and mash it up in a bowl.
- Add the sour cream and stir well.
- Now, grate a block of cheddar cheese.
- Once the bacon is done, add the cream cheese/sour cream mixture to your iron skillet and stir together with the bacon.
- Sprinkle a generous helping of the cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Join Our Simple Living Community
Hot Bacon Dip
- 2 8 oz. Blocks of Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 8 oz. Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Cooked Bacon Pieces
- Cut the bacon into bite size pieces and cook in a skillet.
- Meanwhile, add the cream cheese to a bowl and mash it all together.
- Next, add the sour cream and set bowl aside.
- Grate the ceddar cheese.
- Once the bacon is finished baking, allow to cool for a bit.
- Add the sour cream/cheese mixture to the skillet and stir together with the bacon.
- Add the cheddar cheese to the top and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Serve with crackers and enjoy!
- I make this in my cast iron skillet but you can use a casserole dish.
- I highly recommend doubling or tripling the recipe if you have a large crowd. It disappears in minutes at our house.
- You can also serve this with carrots or any veggie of your choice.
- It’s also great on top of a slice of French bread or on a baked potato.
Hot Bacon Dip Variations
If you like a little heat, feel free to add jalapenos or hot sauce to the mix. You can also add some fresh garlic or top it with chives from your garden!
Leave a Reply